Thursday, April 15, 2010

"Recreational services"? Really?

I tried to skip down a borrower using Google, and ran her name and most likely city of residence. I found a hit to a community website hosting lists of "Community and Non-Profit Services" for that particular city, with her name listed under the designation of "Recreational Services".

The listing was fairly vague, with an address that was a cross-street/neighborhood designation rather than a specific address, but there was a phone number listed.

I called. Busy signal.

So I looked at the listing a little more carefully. Her job position was listed as "Encargada". My grasp of Spanish is limited to numbers learned on Sesame Street, so I looked it up, and found that it means "in charge".

Fine - director/sole provider of some sort of community group, I'm thinking. Perhaps a little more digging will point me in the right direction. I looked back at the credit report, which had a listing for a previous place of employment.

I skipped down the previous place of employment, which turns out to be...a Nevada brothel. (No, not the big famous one - a different one.)

Right. Got it. The cross-street/intersection address makes sense now. "Recreational services" indeed.

Now how to document this?

I put the number in the record as a work number, and list her place of employment as "Independent Contractor".

And I am SO hoping she picks up on a predictive dialer.

No comments: