Friday, April 16, 2010

Halfway point for April and it's not looking good

I had my mid-month review, which is standard for anyone still on final notice.

To say the least, it isn't looking like I'm going to pull out the same miracle I did last month - I had enough odd stuff come through that I don't see being duplicated this month. So the hammer most likely comes down for the first day in May.

Though my manager did put forth a pretty solid criticism of my collections ability in my lack of follow-through. I find amazing skips. I talk to people. And then...don't call them for a few days. This drives him insane, and he pointed out to me on Friday that someone converted an account I'd skipped down the borrower's HP and spoken to her last week.

I don't have a really good excuse for this, though I wish I did. I've never been able to muster the true enthusiasm one needs for this field, though the end of March was a brief glimpse of what was possible if I could. There's still a chance of pulling this around in the next two weeks if I really focus.

Honestly, my focus at this point is on my resume. I think I've gone as far as I can with this and still salvage my soul at the end of the day. But we'll see where it all ends up.

No comments: