Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My day

Today I found the following things:

* A borrower was arrested last week for felony DUI while riding his ATV. He'd tried to veer off the road to evade the police, but was still arrested. He was riding the ATV drunk because he'd permanently lost his drivers license after his third DUI.

* Another borrower was arrested last year on 65 counts of felony theft of over $1500 each. I'm guessing this would be the "small amount of embezzlement" that another collector found out about while doing a verification of employment yesterday.

* One of my Out To Borrows told me flat out that she couldn't start payments until May, and wasn't going to answer my calls until then so don't bother.

* And finally, I got blown off by a $20K account I tracked down at work with a simple, "Dude, this is my work - don't call me here." Click.

(Given that we've been listening to his voice mail tell us in the office for the last six months that "This is BAAHHHHBBBB!!!!!! I'm a DOOUUUCHEEEE!!!!" I probably should've expected that.)

My manager told me today to not give up hope. I told him I haven't. Though the hope I'm not giving up is the hope that my sanity survives the next two days, and then I will spend the weekend blissfully awaiting the fall of the hammer on Monday. Sweet oblivion, indeed.

No comments: