Thursday, April 29, 2010

Final day

Barring divine intervention, this will be my final day as a bill collector. I am currently at less than 40% of NPV, and I'm only working for 5 and a half hours today to end the month. Somehow I don't see it happening. And as I've been told over and over again, if you don't see it happening, it won't. (Yes, the Cult of Positivity runs rampant in collections - possibly a future post as well.)

I did have a good meeting with the division manager yesterday, who said he recognized I work hard and was very intelligent, but for some reason just couldn't put it together. I was offered (off the record) the opportunity to stay on at reduced pay, but told him I just couldn't see it working if it wasn't working now. And he told me that if I don't see it, then clearly it isn't going to happen. So that will be that.

I do hope to accomplish a few things today, as the team is very close to hitting goal, and I know that means a lot for our manager. I'd like to see that happen for the morale of everyone involved. It's been a rough road, and it would be good to be on top of things again.

Alright - off to get Sam from pre-school. Notes from final day later on this evening.

No comments: