Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The hammer may come down for all of us...

Tomorrow at 4pm there is going to be a phone call going out to all offices from the big Kahuna of the big office to discuss the future of the company with the passage of the student loan portion of the Health Care legislation.

As I'd said before, the elimination of third-party lenders puts a serious dent in the main revenue of the parent company I work for, since that really IS their business. I just found an article saying they were planning on cutting 2500 out of their 8000 jobs to compensate for the changes.

How that affects us, I don't know. We'll find out tomorrow at 4pm, and I'll have a full report. Most of it will have to do with the ability to hang on to defaulted loans, and the new business direction of the company. But it should be interesting.

Funny enough, no one seems to be talking about it. I'm not sure if it's denial or fatalism. We'll see after the hammer comes down tomorrow.

No comments: