Tuesday, May 4, 2010

And so it ends

So in the end it was more of a whimper than a bang. I called in to the office, spoke to my manager who transferred me over to HR, and they told me they’d be mailing me all the paperwork necessary, no reason to come in, etc, etc.
The big question is going to be regarding unemployment. Technically they did offer me the demotion, which means NYS may determine I walked away from the job of my own free will, therefore I will get nothing. If this is the case, clearly I will need to find employment relatively quickly. If not, you’ll probably get to see a whole lot more posts about the job a whole lot more quickly, as I’ll have the time to really flesh out a few subjects I’ve been meaning to touch on.
In the end, I feel like a weight has been lifted. I wasn’t going to walk away from a paying job for nothing – I needed to get fired. I spent the day basking in the sun, considering starting work on the two bicycles I’d picked up at the dump to get into rideable shape, and in the end just chatted with neighbors. Closure to hopefully come later at a leisirely rate.

No comments: