Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Further signs of comfort

One of the other signs of civilization I've always found relaxing is a good cigar. I've smoked various and varietal types of tobacco over the years - on and off the cigarette wagon, smoked a pipe in college for a while - but the cigar is a special sort of enjoyment. It's meant to be smoked leisurely, and often socially.

Through some mail-order sampler packs, I've found I have a taste for very expensive cigars - old Cuban seed such as La Gloria Cubana and Montechristo. All of which are way too expensive for my regular budget.

So, after the liquor cabinet, I ordered some sampler packs to be shipped here, along with a cigar cutter. I have a humidor from a previous housemate who gave up cigars, and I filled it and then some. And tonight, I had the first one while standing outside.

It's an odd one - a torpedo size from the Philippines, but very easy to smoke. I watched the stars and just puffed away.

Again, the continuing mellowing out, and trying things that require the lingering time to savor and enjoy. Right now, I need to savor bedtime.

No comments: