Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Exit interview and confidentiality agreement

The paperwork was in my mailbox the day following my verbal notice of termination. There is the general letter stating my termination, the listing of paperwork and benefits I need to deal with immediately, and the request to re-sign a confidentiality agreement.

No, I don't think I'm being singled out. It's a standard document to make sure I don't reveal "trade secrets" or "confidential information" related to my employer. I signed it and put it in the envelope to send back.

They also sent me the original I had signed when I first started the job back in June. Apparently non-publicly known information includes "know-how, technical data, processes, techniques, developments, inventions, research products..." etc, etc.

This does give me some pause as I look over the weblog and think about some of the postings. But I don't think I've given away any trade secrets, or revealed anything that will damage the company. I suppose if I do get a cease and desist order, I'll know I crossed a line. But until then, I intend to finish out the posts I feel like I need to write.

There is also the "exit interview" regarding the rating of the company and how it was to work for them. I'm torn on this one. The reason for leaving is mostly just I couldn't do the job. I enjoyed the people, for the most part. In the end the job was just killing my faith in humanity, and I want a little bit of that in my life going forward.

So, two forms, drop in the mail (they paid the postage), and that's the end of it. I am now formally an ex-collector, and will move on to better prospects. My better prospects right now I think involve a walk to the post office, then sitting by the creek for a spell. Then back to other paperwork and continuing to settle in to apartment.

No comments: