Sunday, September 21, 2014

And STAY OUT!

So I got a text from the landlord shortly after the window incident, asking how long it had been since Josh and crew had been here.  I told them I hadn't seen them since the window incident, and they hadn't spent the night since I put the locking plate on the power outlets.  He said that was good to know, and he was going to chat with his lawyer about the possibilities from there.

On Monday the 8th (yeah, I've been delinquent about updates, sorry), as I was coming home, I got a text from my landlord telling me he changed the locks and warning me to keep an eye out for things downstairs.  "Curious to see how long it takes them to realize they've been locked out.  That will help with my case for evicting them."

I asked him if he wanted me to speed up the process by telling them, and he said no, he wanted to see how long it took them to find out.

Three hours later I hear screaming out in the front yard.  I look out the window and there's the minivan, with Josh screaming into the phone at somebody, spelling out his last name.

"And I can't get in to my fucking apartment.  My landlord changed the goddamn locks!  I live here!  A...u...g.."

I texted Kevin about the blowup in the driveway, and then I saw the cops arrive.  Great, I thought.  One last go-round with the police over Josh going batshit in the driveway.

But no.  After the conversation went on for a bit, it turned out he called them.  "I mean, I didn't want to just kick in the door without you here.  The address is on my driver's license - that's my mail in the box.  I live here!  This is my apartment!"

I texted Kevin that he'll be getting a phone call soon, and Kevin told me he'd already called the cops and was waiting for them to call him back.

The police politely told Josh that this was a civil matter, and that if he wanted entrance into the apartment he needed to either call the landlord or call a lawyer.  And with that, they all left.

I told Kevin I was going to start locking the front door, and get Mary a key to do laundry.  Apparently Josh's mother told him about the lockout to simply rub it in his face, and I was worried about how things were going to go from here on out.

More later...I promise to get everyone up to speed.