Monday, July 7, 2014

Second Foundation: Foundations for systems - cleaning and organizing.

I meant to write this post over a week ago, but Life got in the way, and I haven't had a chance to sit down and write.  Not a bad life getting in the way, just life.

I have always told myself that I thrive in disorder and chaos, but in the past few years that has simply not been the case.  I need order, and I haven't had very much of it around.  So part of the plan for getting things in order this summer is cleaning and organizing.  Streamlining systems so that things that take me WAY too long to figure out become automatic.

The good news about waiting a solid week before writing this is that I can talk about my success at de-cluttering and getting things organized.  I have re-claimed my kitchen for the first time in months.  I have reclaimed and put down the table in the living room.  I have reclaimed the new cabinet I got a few weeks ago that i'm going to use as a dry-sink area.

So my kitchen is now a space of relaxation, which I'm enjoying.  The catch is now to keep that system going to the rest of my apartment, and expanding it from there.  I need to apply the same de-cluttering principles to work as well.

So it's going fairly well so far.  All this decluttering will be worked on as time goes on, and I hope to have a somewhat civilized apartment within two weeks.  That is my goal, and I'm going to keep at it.

No comments: