Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Life's Little Victories

One of my favorite cartoonists is a guy named Keith Knight, who does political commentary, and also an occasional strip called "Life's Little Victories". It's a brief look at the little accomplishments in life we should be grateful for. For example:



Often we pay no attention to the little things that make up a life - the small things we should be grateful for. So, with everything that has been going on, I am going to take a brief moment to be grateful for the small things of today:

* Sam got his cast off today

* I found the pool noodles for Sam's birthday party after an epic struggle at way too many stores. (It is July - this should not be a hard item to find.)

* The trim in the hallway is finished, so three of the five rooms in the apartment are now painted

* I will have fresh bread in about an hour

And those are just the small victories for today. Not bad for a Tuesday. Not bad at all.

So I will try to focus on the little victories, and put them together as I can.

No comments: